Complex trauma refers to exposure to multiple, prolonged, and repetitive traumatic events, such as abuse, neglect, or exposure to violence. People who struggle with complex trauma may face a number of challenges, both in terms of their mental health and their overall well-being. Some of the challenges that people with complex trauma may face include:
• Difficulty regulating emotions: Complex trauma can affect the way the brain processes and regulates emotions, leading to difficulties with managing emotions such as anger, sadness, or fear.
• Difficulty trusting others: Complex trauma can damage a person's sense of trust in others, leading to difficulties in forming and maintaining relationships.
• Difficulty with self-regulation: Complex trauma can affect a person's ability to regulate their own thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, leading to challenges with self-control and impulse control.
• Difficulty with memory and concentration: Complex trauma can affect a person's ability to remember and process information, leading to difficulties with concentration and memory.
• Difficulty with physical health: Complex trauma can have physical health consequences, including an increased risk of developing physical health conditions such as heart disease or diabetes.
• Difficulty with mental health: Complex trauma can lead to a range of mental health challenges, including depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
• Difficulty with self-esteem and self-worth: Complex trauma can damage a person's sense of self-worth and self-esteem, leading to feelings of worthlessness and self-doubt.
How does therapy work at Knew You Psychotherapy?
At Knew You Psychotherapy, therapy begins with a 20-30 minute consultation call with one of our Intake Coordinators. During the consultation, you and the intake coordinator will have a chance to further discuss what is bringing you to therapy, your therapeutic goals, your therapeutic history, and answer any questions you may have. The intake coordinator will also help determine the therapist that is the best match for you and schedule your first appointment.
The fee for a consultation is $50, and it may be covered by your insurance if it covers out-of-network mental health services.
Therapists at Knew You Psychotherapy have received a variety of trainings in different modalities to meet your needs. We understand that there is no “one-fit-all” approach and for this reason we take pride in being knowledgeable in many different modalities, including EMDR, CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, Behavioral Therapy, CPT, Motivational Interviewing, Person-Centered just to name a few.
Get Started with Therapy Today!
Take the first steps towards healing from complex trauma today. If you're ready to start your journey towards a stronger, more resilient future, schedule your consultation. One of our intake coordinators will reach out to you to schedule your first session and help you take the first steps towards overcoming the effects of complex trauma and finding greater peace and strength in your life.
Transform your life with the expert care of our highly skilled Therapists at KYP.
Experience the difference in your mental well-being today.