Anger management refers to the process of learning to recognize and control one's anger. People who struggle with anger management may face a number of challenges. Some of these challenges may include:
• Difficulty identifying the triggers that cause anger: Some people may have trouble recognizing the situations or events that cause them to become angry.
• Difficulty controlling their emotions: Even when people are aware of what their triggers anger, they may have difficulty controlling their emotional response.
• Difficulty communicating effectively: When people are angry, they may have difficulty expressing themselves in a clear and respectful way, which can lead to misunderstandings and conflicts.
• Difficulty managing their physical responses: Anger can often be accompanied by physical symptoms such as increased heart rate, tense muscles, and increased blood pressure. Some people may struggle with managing these physical responses.
• Difficulty managing their thoughts and behaviors: Anger can lead to negative thoughts and behaviors, such as lashing out at others or engaging in self-destructive behaviors.
• Difficulty managing the consequences of anger: People who struggle with anger management may find that their actions while angry have negative consequences, such as strained relationships or legal problems.
How does therapy work at Knew You Psychotherapy?
At Knew You Psychotherapy, therapy begins with a free 15-20 minute consultation call with one of our Intake Coordinators. During the consultation, you and the intake coordinator will have a chance to further discuss what is bringing you to therapy, your therapeutic goals, your therapeutic history, and answer any questions you may have. The intake coordinator will also help determine the therapist that is the best match for you and schedule your first appointment.
Learning anger management skills can be helpful for people who struggle with frequent or intense anger, as it can help them better understand and manage their emotions, and improve their relationships and overall well-being.
Therapists at Knew You Psychotherapy have received a variety of trainings in different modalities to meet your needs. We understand that there is no “one-fit-all” approach and for this reason we take pride in being knowledgeable in many different modalities, including EMDR, CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, Behavioral Therapy, CPT, Motivational Interviewing, Person-Centered just to name a few.
Get Started with Therapy Today!
Start your journey towards better anger management today. If you're ready to take control of your emotions and start living a more peaceful, fulfilling life, simply schedule your consultation. One of our intake coordinators will reach out to you to schedule your first session and help you take the first steps towards managing your anger and finding greater calm and balance in your life.