SERVING NEW YORK & FLORIDA
SERVING NEW YORK & FLORIDA
People who struggle with phobias may face a number of challenges in their daily lives. Some of these challenges may include:
• Difficulty facing the object or situation that triggers the phobia: People with phobias often experience intense fear or anxiety when confronted with the object or situation that triggers their phobia.
• Difficulty going about daily activities: Phobias can interfere with a person's ability to go about their daily activities, such as going to work or running errands, if they involve encountering the object or situation that triggers their phobia.
• Difficulty in social situations: Phobias can make it difficult for people to participate in social situations if they involve the object or situation that triggers their phobia.
• Difficulty managing physical symptoms: Phobias can cause physical symptoms such as racing heart, shortness of breath, trembling, or dizziness.
• Difficulty with relationships: Phobias can affect a person's relationships if they limit a person's ability to participate in activities or events with others.
• Difficulty with work or school: Phobias can interfere with a person's ability to focus and be productive at work or school if they involve the object or situation that triggers the phobia.
• Difficulty with self-care: Phobias can make it difficult for people to take care of themselves if they involve the object or situation that triggers the phobia, such as fear of doctors or fear of flying.
How does therapy work at Knew You Psychotherapy?
At Knew You Psychotherapy, therapy begins with a free 15-20 minute consultation call with one of our Intake Coordinators. During the consultation, you and the intake coordinator will have a chance to further discuss what is bringing you to therapy, your therapeutic goals, your therapeutic history, and answer any questions you may have. The intake coordinator will also help determine the therapist that is the best match for you and schedule your first appointment.
Therapists at Knew You Psychotherapy have received a variety of trainings in different modalities to meet your needs. We understand that there is no “one-fit-all” approach and for this reason we take pride in being knowledgeable in many different modalities, including EMDR, CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, Behavioral Therapy, CPT, Motivational Interviewing, Person-Centered just to name a few.
Get Started with Therapy Today!
Start your journey towards overcoming phobias today. If you're ready to take the first steps towards a more fearless, fulfilling future, schedule your consultation. One of our intake coordinators will reach out to you to schedule your first session and help you take the first steps towards overcoming your phobias and finding greater freedom and confidence in your life.